Back to Home Page
CHALLENGER FUEL RAIL COVERS with “392 HEMI”
(Fits 6.4L engine only w/ factory air box)
2 x Stainless Valve Covers
2 x Adhesive Promoter Packs
6 x 2pc Velcro Attachment Cookies
1 x 3/4’’ Decorative Chrome Cap Cover/w Velcro Cookie
These new covers are made of the best quality 304 stainless polished to a beautiful mirror finish. They have been carefully designed to fit over the factory plastic covers and mount together via Velcro attachment tape.
Your new covers come to you with a protective liner. Do not remove liner until instructed to do so.
1. Thoroughly clean the face of the factory covers with alcohol to remove any and all road grime and dirt. Then swipe the front 3 extruded areas above the coil packs with the adhesive promoter provided and lastly to the very front side of the plastic cover. This promoter is NOT a cleaner but an adhesive accelerator and will insure a nice permanent bond long term and MUST be used.
2. You have been provided with six Velcro attachment cookies. Peel the release liner from both sides of each cookie and place them to the 3 areas above the coil packs that you just promoted. The front side does NOT receive a Velcro cookie.
3. Swipe the under side of the new covers with the adhesive promoter and then carefully place them over the factory covers. Press them down firmly to set the Velcro cookies. Also at this time you might want to firmly press the Velcro cookies on the under side of the covers to ensure a nice bond, and then simply reinstall.
4. At this time you may remove all the protective liner from the covers. NOTE: In some production models there may be a large wire harness routed in front of the factory fuel rail cover, should this be the case simply reroute the harness to the side to create adequate clearance for the new front plate. This may require you to detach the harness hold down from the valve cover bolts in order to allow you to force the harness cover to the side.
5. The last part of this install will be to set the decorative chrome cap atop the factory oil fill cap by cleaning the cap with alcohol to remove dirt then swipe the cap with the remaining adhesive promoter. Remove the Velcro cookie halve from the under side of the cap and firmly press it to the factory cap then simply set the new cap cover in place.
Note: Care must be taken when cleaning your covers. It is a good idea to lightly dust your covers with a clean soft cloth first in order to prevent any particles from scratching them. Then wipe (using a new clean soft cloth) with a good quality streak free glass cleaner.
If any questions occur during installation, please contact the manufacturer ACC at 727-861-1500
Back to Home Page