Back to Home Page
This unique hood plate will nicely trim the front barren part of the challenger hood adding that true custom look to what otherwise looks very plain.
PARTS INCLUDED: 1 x Stainless Front Hood Plate, 1 x Adhesive Promoter Pack
Your cover comes to you with a protective liner. Do not remove liner until installation is complete.
1. Thoroughly clean the area of the hood to be mounted with alcohol to remove any road grime and wax. Then swipe the entire area with the adhesive promoter provided. This will insure a nice permanent bond of the panel to the hood.
2. Mark the hood at the very center using the hood catch bar as a guide.
3. Mark the new panel at the very top edge also at center. Place the new panel at these two marks so that you will be able to see just how you will need to shape the panel to the hood. The panel is made of a 20ga thin stainless and will allow you to gently roll and shape the panel by hand until you have achieved a nice flush sitting contour of the hood. You will notice that the hood has a soft contouring shape to it and it is IMPORTANT to match the shape making the panel look even on both sides. This process will take SEVERAL attempts to make it sit just right so you need to be patient.
4. Once you have achieved a nice fitting contour hold the panel in position and add a couple of marks to the panel and hood so that you will be able to set the panel at the exact same position every time you practice placing it. This will allow you to set it perfectly once you are ready to permanently set the panel.
5. Now that you are ready to set the panel simply remove the red release liner from the attachment tape on back of the panel and carefully line the panel up to your positioning marks. Once you are in position set the panel from the center working outward pressing firmly to match the contour and shape of the hood and also to finally set the panel in place. Remove the protective liner to finish the installation.
NewChallengerStore.com a HotCarAccessories.com website