Back to Home Page
This unique cover has been designed to
customize an area in your engine bay that otherwise is simply an
The new cover comes to you with a clear protective liner. Do not remove this liner until instructed.
1. Although it should not be necessary you may need to arrange some clearance of a couple of large harnesses that run along the side of the inner wheel well. If needed simply tuck away any obstruction that may cause the new cover to not lie flush against the brake lines at the inner wheel well area. In some models there may be a relatively large harness running along the radiator support if this is the case simply unclip this harness from the metal lines and tuck this harness beneath them out of sight.
2. You will notice that there will be a small tab protruding from the inner fender wall just to the left of the fuse box. This tab will support the left side of the new cover when set on place. In fact the new cover has a small tab of its own that has been notched to receive the tab from the fender. Some models may have a lowered tab. If so you have been provided with a rectangle shaped self stick tab. Peel the red release liner from the back of this tab and stick it over the new covers side notch effectively lifting the side of the cover.
3. Before you begin installation remove the yellow cap from the windshield washer fill tube and the black fuse box cover. Both parts should simply detach from each other.
4. Set the new cover over the fill tube and manipulate it so that it will set down over the fender tab as well as the side edge of the fuse box. You may need to nudge the fill tube as well as the upper radiator hose to allow you to do this. You will notice that there are two small holes in the new cover at the side of the fuse box manually align these holes to the solid area of the fuse box and pilot a 9/64 hole at each location then peel a small section of the protective liner from this area and install the two small washer head screws provided. Be careful not to over tighten the screws as this will cause them to strip in the soft plastic. Just snug will be sufficient.
5. Peel the remaining liner and reinstall the yellow factory washer fluid cap. You have been provided with a decorative chrome cap. To install this cap scrub the top of the yellow cap with alcohol to remove dirt and grime then swipe once with the adhesive promoter provided. Remove the Velcro half attached to the underside of the cap and install it to the area you just prepared. Then simply set the chrome cap to finish.
6. Remove protective liner.
If any questions occur during installation, please contact American Car Craft at 727 861-1500. Thank you and enjoy your new purchase.
Care must be taken when cleaning your cover. It is a
good idea to lightly dust your cover with a clean soft cloth first
in order to prevent any particles from scratching it. Then wipe
(using a new clean soft cloth) with a good quality streak free glass
NewChallengerStore.com a HotCarAccessories.com website